Certified Well Tender Program with CDL
(240 + Hours)
The CDL A offering is a three (3) week one hundred sixty (160) hour comprehensive training program culminating in the awarding of a Commercial Drivers License by the state of Pennsylvania.
This 6 week Certified Well Tender Course covers many topics important to the Natural Gas Industry and is supported by over 35 gas companies in PA who have provided input into the course content and have had success hiring participants who have completed this program in other locations. Key topics covered during this course include:
- Identifying procedures and processes basic to producing transporting and distributing natural gas
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Properties of fuel gases
- Controlling and preventing fires fueled by natural gas
- Duties and responsibilities of well tenders
- Physical structures and completion procedures common to gas storage wells
- Storage well operations
- Proper use of combustible gas indicator
- Proper use of buried pipe using pipe locating equipment
- Routine maintenance and patrolling of facilities.
This course also prepares you for your Class A CDL license with both classroom and behind the wheel experience. We have commitments from 6 firms to guarantee everyone who participates in this course with at least one interview.
Course Fee: $7,995 per student (Participants may also be responsible for DOT Physical Exam, Drug Testing, State Permit Fees, License and Testing Fees, Motor Vehicle Record fees, Criminal Background Checks and Materials)
Dates/Times: Monday through Friday, September 13 –October 29, from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM at the Seneca Highlands Area Vocational Technical School.